We have two cats and a baby, messes, dust, and dirt are just inevitable. One of the perks of being pregnant with cats is no more litter box duty! Unfortunately for my husband that left him to clean it every day. To make the change a little easier to swallow, we deiced to look for a cleaning tool to help clean up the litter the cats fling or track all over when it gets stuck in their feet. We were looking for the best handheld vacuum that had strong enough suction to handle litter from our two cats, plus the baby messes we knew were coming, and our stairs so we didn’t have to lug the vacuum up and down them anymore. We tried numerous handheld vacuums or “dustbusters” in the past and they all had terrible suction and short battery life so we ended up returning them or throwing them out. I had been researching the best handheld vacuums online but hadn’t made a decision until one of our weekly (or daily) Target visits. We decided to check their selection of cleaning tools and saw this BLACK+DECKER Lithium Hand Vacuum with POWERBOOST on crazy sale for $25 and we just had to give it a shot. After using it for several months we’ve determined this is a must have item for all parents and pet owners! (And no, they didn’t pay us to say this!)
Why the BLACK+DECKER Lithium Hand Vacuum with POWERBOOST is the best handheld vacuum for pet hair and baby messes:
- Great suction. It can handle cat litter, cat food, kid messes, hair and dust with ease. Although, if you thinks going to be as strong as your vacuum, think again. For a handheld vacuum, it’s really powerful and the best I have used.
- Super easy to clean. Major selling feature for us since who likes cleaning these things? No one. You simply, push the side release button and the filter pops out for emptying. That is it.
- Good battery life. It has a rechargeable battery perfect for small clean-ups. I even used it for a quick clean on my entire 2,400 square foot home and it lasted the entire time (although, it was dying out at the end).
- Lightweight and easy to use. As a handheld vac should be.
- Price. Even at full price, it’s affordable. I’d even go as far as to say it’s “cheap” for what you get.
Overall, I think you would love the BLACK+DECKER Lithium Hand Vacuum with POWERBOOST. It handles baby messes, cat messes, hair, and bust with ease. I truly use it every day! It’s hands down the best handheld vacuum out there for the money.
- Savings Tip – sign up for a Target Red Card and get FREE shipping and 5% OFF on this item and every other purchase you make at Target!
What’s your favorite cleaning tool and why? Let us know in the comments!